Mr. Malitz leverages his knowledge of education data and information technology issues acquired through 30 years of experience in the Federal Government and more recently as an independent consultant as a skilled IT professional, researcher, web analyst, and statistician whose last federal position was in a senior leadership role as the Chief Information Technology Officer (CITO) at ED’s Institute of Education Sciences (IES). In this role he conceptualized, designed, and implemented information technologies including all website initiatives across the Institute. Prior to his role as CITO, he served as the Chief Technology Officer and as Webmaster at the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) from the inception of its website, and as the Project Director for several large scale national data collection efforts, for the development of the Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Codes, the NCES Course Classification System, the Student and the Staff Data Handbooks for Elementary, Secondary, and Early Childhood Education among other projects.
Most recently he has:
• Provided critical review and consulting for the development of the website HowCollegesSpendMoney.
• Been engaged by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni on their Administrative Spending Research project, How Much is Too Much, to examine IPEDS finance data for Higher Education Institutions.
• Developed and presented both on-line and in person workshops on the use of NCES data tools for the Northwest Regional Lab.
• Worked with the Institute for Higher Education Policy (IHEP) on effort to Improve the National Data Infrastructure for Postsecondary Education.
• Leveraged his knowledge of the NCES website to conduct training seminars through the Appalachian Regional Comprehensive Center.
• Developed a survey and performed an analysis for The West Virginia Department of Education’s Teacher Performance Assessment initiative.
• Has been engaged by companies to review and provide constructive criticism and recommendations for many U.S. Department of Education program websites.
• Provided senior level content guidance and instruction on the IES website through the ERIC contract and the IES Website Content Development project.
What MCS...Strategic Data/Technology Solutions Can Do For You